Friday 4 May 2012

Reflections

Today was a public holiday, a much needed one where the actions of the day were at a minimal and the only real exercise i mustered was too strech for the crisps on the coffee table. Today was my couch day and although my body was non functional, my mind did some thinking and reflecting

It's May, I have been living in Copenhagen for 7 months, and the experience has been challenging and frustrating but also enlightening and exciting.

Too think, I gave up my car for a bicycle, the mild weather for extremes and actual seasons. I left my job to come and search for work. I started Danish classes and found myself eating more salmon than I ever thought possible.

My world has changed, not for the better but more for the different. Home will always be home but I found myself waking up and quickly getting into the swing of the day as all of this has become second nature to me now. It's amazing how we adapt as people to changes and new environments. I realize now; looking back, that it is friends/company and work that were the missing links and once those links had been fulfilled to some extent, well everything else fell into place and I wasn't fighting any more, I was accepting and living.

Walking and cycling are a way of life,... buying in excess is a thing of the past now, I buy and consume as much as my little basket on my bike can carry. The travelling possibilities are amazing and that is what I love the most.




No comments:

Post a Comment