Saturday 7 July 2012

IBIZA

The preparation, packing, flights, customs, passport checks, lugging big bags, sore backs and all the finer details...well at some point you wonder if the holiday is even going to be worth it, ...and then you get to your destination and it is.

This was our first stop, we arrived in the evening, and the music was already pumping...clubbers paradise was ready to go into full swing, the last thing I felt like hearing was some doof doof music when all wanted to do was get into a comfortable bed. After waiting at the Barcelona airport for 8 hours I was ready to hit my pillow.

Ibiza is great if you are young or old but young at heart, ready to rock out and drink yourself into an oblivion, you love loud obnoxious music that sounds like the same tune has been playing for the past 3 hours. So I wasn't really that sure why I was there in the first place but when I saw that ocean, the sun and the beach... I knew I would make the most of it.

Highlights:
Tanning
Old Town
Relaxing
Pina colada at the Ibiza Rock diner
Buying a lilo and wafting away on the ocean surface
Fatboy Slim at Yushia
Deck chairs on the beach










Lowlights:
Loud drunk guy two rooms down banging on the door to get into his girlfriends room, basically tearing the hallway to pieces at three in the morning.

Essex barbie dolls in the room next door deciding to turn their room into their own private club and pumping monotonous music till our walls shook.

Club promoters harrasing you when all you want to do is walk down the beach

The ample nudity in your face

Overall, I really enjoyed going into the old Town and taking some amazing pics, I would definitely stay in a more secluded area on the island and get away from the thumping night life of Playa de BossA.

Overall I great time was had, we experienced a bit of everything, if I had to do it over again, I would stay in a different location, rent a jeep and travel the island to the secluded spots one rarely sees.
I also wouldn't buy a hat because it just got crumpled in my bag and had to thrown away.
***********************************************************************************************************8
Left with an awesome tan and eager to get on in to Barcelona for the rustle and bustle of Las Ramblas.














1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    my name is Simona and I am with the web research team at InterNations.org. We are the world’s leading social network for expatriates, with currently 500.000+ members in more than 322 cities worldwide.
    I really enjoyed reading your fantastic blog and believe that expats in Copenhagen and around the world would not only - appreciate the entertaining content, but also benefit from the insights and perspectives you offer. Your blog really is a captivating read! This is why I would like to feature you and your writing in a designated section of InterNations.org , the Recommended Blog on Copenhagen. We have designed a link badge for placement on your blog and would be glad to hear from you directly via our questionnaire!
    I hope my proposal has piqued your interest. If so, please feel free to contact me via email: featuredblogs@internations.org

    Best,
    Simona

    ReplyDelete