Sunday 15 July 2012

Three Sisters

I am blessed to have two sisters in my life, we are all five years apart and due to the big gaps, my middle sister and me (the baby) had more of a childhood together than me and my older sister, by the time I was  ready to be of age to have a drink, my sister was already far away.

So, when the opportunity to live in Europe arrived, all I could think of was that my sister would be a short flight away in the UK, many trips to London later...my sister booked her flight to visit me...excitement!!!

This was my first and probably my last visitor in Copenhagen ever. (Not exactly on everyone's top list destination list even though I beg) I even have a spare guest bedroom in my apartment, and while I  have a tTV dinner every night on my couch, for lack of a dining room table, the guest bedroom with the double bed gathers dust. So finally I have a visitor!!



So in the weeks leading up to my special guests arrival I made a list of what to do see, and eat. It wasn't very long. I thought I had seen quite a bit but knew I must be missing a few gems, yet when I went on travel sights , well there really was nothing I had not seen in Copenhagen.




So the Friday started off the the Saviour church for a view of the city , a fallafel in Christiana, and a hotdog along Stroget, with a drink to wash it all down in Nyhavn (and the weather behaved itself)



Friday night we ate at Spiseri, not the best neighbourhood, but worth the trek. Food is fresh, and made with love and passion, strongly recommend it.

Saturday we were up with tired bodies, and swollen feet but eager to start the day, and we did it grandly... shopping on Stroget started us off till eventually we had to sit down. Sale time here is great and some great bargains can be found.

(My necklace in the pic above was 20 dkk, and my hat 45dkk on sale)

We had a light lunch at Cafe River, and made our way to Rosenborg castle





Saturday night we were back at the apartment and eager to all have a catnap but we had a dinner booking and so we were off again, Dinner at The Cave...delicious!!! Just before we arrived there was a tango class and a man on stilts just above Kongens Nytorv...very entertaining

.
Just round the corner, there was jazz playing (Jazz festival week in Copenhagen)


After dinner we took our bikes, well my sister took mine ad I grabbed a ride on the back like a lady (two legs on one side) and we rode through Kongens have, to the mermaid, saw the canons, crossed the moat...perfect eve.








back home it was a midnight delight with cupcakes from Serenity




And the Sunday morning, we woke up (of course) bacon was in the pan and french toast buttery golden and deliciousness all ready on the plates, bellies filled and minds alerts..we were off for a cycle along the beach to Klampenborg.







A cappucino and pecan pie at cafe jorden rundt put a smile on our faces, and we cycled back through the forest home.


An excellent weekend, beautiful weather, me and my sister...and so many memories made, all in a weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment