Monday 31 October 2011

Wix and Mustang passion

An early start to our morning found us at the police auction in Islev (topauktioneer) to find some bikes that had been reposessed and found. There were roughly 70 bikes going, the place was packed but quickly cleared out once people had found there bike. A lot of their bikes were in bad condition, rusted and broken but if you knew what you were looking for, and had a good knowledge of bikes and knew what they went for on the market then there were some good deals going. We knew NOTHING

 I had seen a bike I liked; A Kildermoes bubblegum pink old school city style bike, solid with high handlebars, the basket was bent, wheels slightly rusted but generally okay. The bidding started and ended, and a young couple walked away with the bike I wanted and the mens bike James wanted, feeling a little bitter I went and sat in the corner while James eyed some more bikes.

Mustang Passion came home with us that day, James knew nothing about the brands and went on the name itself. We had the lock cut off and off we went to the station: I was a little concerned and James was wheeling off down the street, unfortunatly the option to sit was not available as he had bought a  bike with no seat.

That night I went ono a site called DBA, similar to a gumtree and looked through a few adverts but there was one that caught me eye; a bubblegum pink Kildermoes old school city bike! We called the owner who had just posted the bike and we were off in the dark of the night. There she was: Wix

So although I didnt strike it lucky at the auction, I did ride a bike home with a seat which is more than I can say for James.



No comments:

Post a Comment