Monday 31 October 2011

Bitter Sweet Weekend

On Saturday morning we find ourselves wheeling a bike home with no seat from an auction where nothing was understood (whole auction took place in Danish).


Saturday night, I wheeled home Wix; my bubblegum pink city style bike with a basket and seat!


Sunday we decided to do some sightseein and headed to Nyhaven which had been suggested by many, Nyhaven must be the most prominent site in Copenhagen in terms of teh picture that best shows Copenhagen; a cobble street lined with various coloured restaurants


A breakfast was in order after we had tasted a delicious pastry from one of the alley shops a cream cheese choc chip cupcake found its way down my throat 25dk later (R37). City centre is very pricey, my new motto for city centre is look but dont touch and definitely dont consume.


A simple breakfast in a beautiful cosy pub style restaurant on the Nyhaven stretch which consisted of a bottle of water, one capuccino and two plates of scrambled egg and two small strips of bacon, with a few lettuce eaves and fresh bread cost 230dk (roughly R350)


I must say the beauty, vibrancy and spirit is priceless and this is not even summer time.


Later in the afternoon I was adament to go for a ride on Wix, Mustang was left at home due to his lack of seat offering. A beatiful ride Charlottenlund way, led us through a caraven site with willowing autumn trees, a ocean promenade and tracks through the forest, the beauty is undeniable and awesome to experience on ones bike.


Apples and marshmallow snack pack for the ride
 View of the ocean
 Snack pack in my basket
 Gorgeous autumn tree
 Wix waiting for me as I take pics
 Autumn trees
 Stretch of the promenade




The Sweet day came to a Bitter end, as we headed home, 2min away from our front door, like the tomboy I can sometimes be, I decided after a afternoons ride I was a proffesional bike rider and nothing could stop me, so I decided to gain speed and ramp a curb...BIG mistake, I flew off Wix and landed on the pavement, when I realised what had happened I looked up to see 6 different concerned faces above me. For a moment I couldnt move my body, but I slowly got up and wobbled home on what felt like a broken leg. I must say the concern the Danes showed was overwhelming, one woman even got out her car and offered me tissues. It was a pretty bad fall and I appreciated the concern. As I type this post I am sitting on the left cheek of my bum as the right is non functinal today.


Overall the weekend was fantastic with a big Crash Boom at the end to finish it off.


So far so good

No comments:

Post a Comment