Thursday 19 January 2012

ChrisTMAS IN london

London was a very good host for Christmas this year; mild winter weather, beams of sunlight and just an all round good festive feeling.


Champagne and mince pies

My highlight was definitely going to Gordon Ramseys Maze restaurant; http://www.gordonramsay.com/maze/ its been on my bucket list since I first encountered him on television.


Me outside Maze
So you can only imagine my excitement, wobbly knees and stupid smile plastered on my face when we booked our lunch reservation... i was like a small child giddy with happiness. Sure; he wasn't there but believe you me I did look around all the time and hawk eyed the kitchen door. But just knowing that he had his hand in that place...well it was good enough for me. I have met him before so another encounter would have made me jump over the moon but this specific day was about experiencing his creativity and genius.


The restaurant was faultless, decor sublime and rich, finer detail on point, staff friendly, quick and efficient, bathrooms - tidy and clean, cutlery neatly poised, wine list - extensive on the ipad placed on our table, seating was comfortable, FOOD; out of this world, my tastebuds went into an orgasmic state....so Gordy , i give you 11 outta ten sweetheart, you never dissapoint.


Now its my mission to eat at every one of his restaurants....


Stayed in Kingston which was quaint and picturesque, markets with fresh food to lure and lit up stalls to tempt one with the likes of beer and gluhwine.


Kingston


Oxford street was a buzz with life; shopping sales were incredible and hard to resist.


A night ot at Oceana http://www.oceanaclubs.com/kingston-upon-thames proved to be another highlight, with numerous dance floors and themes, there really is something for everyone, great experience.

All in all, Christmas was lovely, ate well, merriness all round and I increased the contents of my wardrobe.
Took some amazing shots in London... gallery still to come and update on restaurant list for London

Boat along Kingston river


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Lucky girl! So happy for you that you got to eat there and experience that. Looks like you're having some very cool times over there. Take care, think of you guys always..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunny, it was very awesome. Any updates on your trip?

      Delete