Friday 13 January 2012

into the WiLD

I was walking in an english country side forest today, and that familiar feeling came right back to me like a boomerang... Im in the wrong place in the wrong time, im craving what was back then and I don't want to be part of the Now.


I have always had the feeling I was meant to be born in another era, im sure we all get that feeling but mine is stronger than ever before and it comes over me like a wave at time. Times like when I was in the forest today and every part me longed to go back to basics, to clean sunshine and muddy puddles, the smell of a real pine tree and not a scented candle mimicking the unmissable scent and the glistening shine of diamonds on the quaint serrated leaf edges... I wanted to drink my time in the forest, i wanted to live there.


There is a movie that speaks to my heart : Into the Wild. What an incredible movie, a movie about self discovery, loneliness, salvation, liberation, loss and gain, sunlight and snow and just life.






I could easily walk into that forest and never look back... i want the basics, i want the sun startling my eyes without it being in a car with my hands on steering wheel pulling down the visor to block it, i want wet feet; not because i stood in a puddle by accident and got them wet but because I jumped in and wanted to get muddy. I want the crackling of thinned leaves and twigs under my shoes and to drown the sounds of heels and pumps and business mens shoes. I want to eat organic food simply because processed food just doesn't exist. I want my hands to feel the texture of wood and earthy soil, water and air...I want to be alive and bury my soul in the ground where all the richness swells from.


I want to set up my tent, even that is too cultured; forget the tent, i want to create a shelter from my surroundings and huddle around a fire that I made and created and felt pleased with. i want to smile at that warmth and have it heat my hands as it does my heart.


I know it sounds like I need a good old camping trip but I don't , this is so much more than that.... this is my body, heart, soul and courage saying Wake up and let me out.


This is not about escape, i don't want to run.... I just want to see whats real

No comments:

Post a Comment