Sunday 4 March 2012

Sex and The City Copenhagen Wedding

Last week Friday I ventured to the S.A bar for the rugby game, on walking in, I was by no means surprised at the lack of attendees, considering I have been told there are few South Africans here. We immediately found brand new company and joined a couple and their friends for the rest of the evening.

A few too many drinks later; we all decided it was home time and agreed to exchange numbers and get together soon. To my surprise I found out that the young couple we had been talking to were engaged and due to be married the following weekend at the city hall (sex and the city style), the real wedding would be back in South Africa in December.

I walked away with a big smile and happy we had met some fellow south Africans, I was also giggling because I had somehow been roped into being the photographer at the wedding: I have taken pics at a wedding once before but I am by no means a wedding photographer and usually take pics for my own interest so when this new friend approached me I laughed it off somewhat, we had a had quite a bit too drink.

So Loong story cut short, Friday morning I was scrambling for something that resembled a befitting wedding guest outfit, charging my camera, packed in a spare and was off to catch a bus. I had attended a party get together at the engaged couples house the night before and the bride to be asked if I would be there tomorrow, I was a bit taken a back as I thought things had just been said and not meant at the bar a week ago, but she was adamant that I should be there... and so the adventure began

 I arrived at the couples apartment with a strong cappuccino in hand and in no time our cab had arrived and we were town hall bound, weather was sublime and the sun was out to shine upon us and this special day. With our high heels and painted faces, feeling very chic in true movie-style... a wedding came upon us.

The marriage ceremony, signing and witnessing the event went smoothly and quickly, next thing we were outside and I was in my element; taking a shot there, using the light here and so on.

I was loving the moment, the sun, Copenhagen, the festivities and for the first time in a while i felt very much alive.

A cab collected us once again and veered off into the sunlight to transport us to a monastery style lunch venue in the city. Great company, wine and some hard to swallow traditional Aquavit... we were laughing and chatting into the late afternoon.

A short walk through the streets and we were in the queens park taking some last minute shots while the sun drowned us in all her Glory....just beautiful.

Crazy how you meet a girl, slip into a dress, grab your camera and you are off to a wedding of someone you met a week ago... embracing these peculiar times in this suprising city

So here is a taste of the shots I took....









1 comment:

  1. Very pretty Gem.... that's such a cool and memorable experience to have had. All the best for more to come xx

    ReplyDelete