Wednesday 21 December 2011

Eating out in Copenhagen $$$$$

Get that fat wallet out and be prepared to PAY... Copenhagen is very pricey when it comes to wining and dining. Which makes my stomach grumble from disgust as one of my favourite past times is to eat out.

I love food but it goes so much deeper than that, I like to think of myself as Gordon's apprentice or side kick when I go into restaurants, from the dim/fluorescent lighting/ service/ freshness/ tempreture/ atmosphere/ mints /decor/ music/ how the bill is brought to the table/  layout/ quality of toilet paper/ bathroom to the entrance, I take it all in and critique it as if I just got  a Michelin star for my fourth restaurant.

I dont just eat, all my senses go into over drive, my eyes get a little wider and I take it ALL in.

In South Africa, eating out wasn't too pricey but Copenhagen..GEEZ!

So when I am wined and dined...you better believe it becomes an event of great proportion.

So like I said be prepared to fork over the cash money for a night out, an entrance ticket for two to Tivoli, one capuccion, one coke, nachos and ribs at Hard Rock and four beers later with a train ticket x 2 included set us back R1600 for the eve. Makes you wanna regurgitate the evening up and hand it back over for a refund.

Having said that, like any place, there are places that offer great food at affordable rates, its just about finding them. Perfect example was last night, we went for beers 10dk each ( crazy cheap) at a little place called Floss in city centre. Hustled on the side street looking all deviant and dressed in graffitti; this little bar was graffitti from roof to floor, to tables and chairs combined with a thick haze of smoke...it felt very youthful and naughty. The kind of place where youd bring a little splif and a group of friends and share theories on life while you laid back in the worn leather couch...LOVED IT



inside of Floss

For dinner it was off to Atlas bAR in Larsbjørnsstræde., a poky little corner treasure, great ambience, not so great service, but the food made up for it wholeheartedly. I strongly reccommend the Pakistani lamb or the enchilada...lip smacking good. I wouldnt say the place is cheap but it is affordable for what you get.

So, good experiences so far. I will be putting a list up of restaurants I have experienced thus far and a little review for those interested, always great to get some insider info when eating out


Bon appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment