Thursday 22 December 2011

DAnish Genius

Since I have been here, it seeme the Danes are quite passionate about finding new ways of doing things, designing for functionality and end purpose and literally taking the need and converting it into a tangible object. I really appreciate their commitment to Design.

Even when it comes to scaffolding and restoration projects on the street and suburbs; they think of new ways to best use the space and to make it look as attractive as possible, the aesthetic matters here.

Here are just a few examples of some smart designs:

COOKIE CUP

Love this, so simple yet effective. I hate holding things in my hand and when I am in the comforts of my own home I just stuff the whole thing in my mouth but when I am amongst others and trying to be a lady,...well leaning over continously is just annoying and balancing a plate or a cookie alone on your lap is just as frustrating, crumbs everywhere and so...this makes SENSE! if i find one I will buy one

KNOCK KNOCK

Think this one was bound to happen, a door for one person...unfair!. Lets accomodate the little guys too. Three size options allows toddlers, teens, and adults the chance to open up

BABY WALLPAPER

I dont have a baby yet, but when my little munchkin arrives, I'm shopping up a storm for the cutest outfits and that means my baby comes with for opinions sake. Loving this hook a baby to the wall idea, prams are so bulky and in the way and I am yet to see a spacious changing room and if there is one there is only One.

WET BENCH

Wet bench; bound to happen in a European Winter; well this genius decided to invent a rotating bench so you just turn the wet spot away.

STORAGE STAIRCASE

Space is valuable when living in an apartment and this nifty storage idea is ideal

SPRING NOODLES

Love this one, still quite clumsy when i use chopsticks so I would definitley invest in a couple of these, just wish the spring was a little more inconspicious so everyone would thing you were a pro at noodle twirling


GLOBE TYPING


A ball style type writer, don't know how practical this is but it could be fun and it just looks cool

A NEW TAPE OF SOCCER

This is one of my favourites; practical, genius and affordable to do. This tape is designed with a typical football design , take some newspaper and create a ball, use the tape to tighten and wind it all up and voila you gotta a handmade football. I really think this is such a good idea for impoverished communities.

BREAK INTO LAUGHTER

This one just makes me smile quite wide, tired of people asking you what happened? well your sling will tell the story so you don't have too.



3 comments:

  1. Hi there Gem. I'm an English twenty something at a crossroads and have been considering taking the step to move to Copenhagen for a while.I'm not a city person but Copenhagen has everything to offer. Your blog has helped me to make the decision..i'm going to do it! Thank you to your great blog!I will be following it to see how your adventure pans out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi hun

    you have a very exciting adventure ahead of you, just remember its not always rainbows and ponies when you move to a new place. I don't want to remove any excitement that you might have because it is all worth it. Just remember that as beautiful as Copenhagen is, it has its fair trials of ups and downs for a foreigner, if you speak dANISH - AWESOME but if not - you might find the city a bit foreign. I haven't been in Copenhagen for long but I am anxious for all my new adventures.

    Good luck and bon voyage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gem,

      I was grazing through the web on the lookout for Copenhagen lovers/experts and your blog stood out to me. I'd love to get in touch with you, but can't find an email or contact form anywhere.

      Would you mind contacting me? My name is Uli and you can email me at uli@yelp.com.

      Hope to hear from you soon.

      Uli

      Delete